Monday, May 12, 2014

Tie Dye

Every other year Babe's family goes on vacation. This year we're going to Cape Cod at the beginning of June. I've never been there before so I'm very excited!! In 2012 we all went to Outer Banks, NC. I loved it so much that I have decided that if I were to ever come in to an awful lot of money I will be buying a home down there! Simply Gorgeous!! For this year's trip I thought it would be really cool to Tie Dye shirts for each of us to wear. So on Friday R's girlfriend Bernie helped me Tie Dye the shirts. I love Tie Dying and it was so much fun having someone else to do it with!! 

The Prep
All Tied Up
Dying the Shirts
Finished Dying Now We Wait!
There was supposed to be 7 people going on this year's trip. It was supposed to Babe, his brother R, their other brother M, his parents Mr. F & Carol and the girlfriends Bernie (R's girlfriend) and myself. We Tie Dyed 7 shirts for the 7 people coming. Carol came up on Saturday to go out to lunch with us in Celebration of Mother's Day!  We went out to lunch at Olive Garden it was very nice. Except I forgot to order Dessert! HOW COULD I? I love their Lemon Cream Cake!!! So much so in fact that I always try to get my Gramma to let me order two whenever we go! Mad Lemon Cream Cake Love aside when Carol came up she told us M has a girlfriend named A that will be coming with us. She told us this AFTER we had Dyed all 7 of the shirts already! I almost bought an 8th shirt just in case this were to happen but Babe told me that if M were to bring someone then that person would have to bring their own shirt. After I got over my frustrations at this new development I realized that this isn't a problem it's an opportunity! I don't HAVE to Tie Dye more shirts I GET to! Why Tie Dye only one more shirt when I could use it as an excuse to Tie Dye a whole bunch of shirts! **I'm currently in the process of Tying Up the new batch of shirts. New post when I'm done!** The first batch came out really nice! Bernie Dyed 4 of the 7 shirts as she Ties them faster than I do. Here's how the 3 shirts I Tie Dyed came out: 

Shirt 1
Shirt 2
Shirt 3 Front
Shirt 3 Back
 The other 4 Shirts that Bernie did came out awesome too! But I didn't want to blow up the post with too many more pictures so I'm going to post all of the rest on Facebook! I'm not quite sure which one I'm going to wear. I may end up choosing one from the new batch instead. I do have front and back pictures of most of the shirts. I included both for Shirt 3 because I Dyed one side of the shirt (the front) mainly Red & Orange and the back is mainly Blue, Dark Blue, Green and Purple. Shirt 3 is the shirt I made with Babe in mind! I think he'll look really good in this shirt! 

I have fabric Markers so we can each write Cape Cod 2014 on our shirts. I'm just going to bring the markers with me so that each person can decide wear they want to write it. I personally will probably go with my sleeve. That way I know which trip it's from but I can still wear it wherever I want. Bernie is thinking of writing her's on the chest of her shirt. 

Have you ever had any Tie Dying Fun? 

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)
** All Pictures are Mine**



No comments:

Post a Comment