Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day

Thank you to the Men & Women who have fought for our country! I greatly appreciate your sacrifices!! You have not been forgotten!

Babe & I hitched a ride with R on Sunday and drove to their parents house. They were having a BBQ for Memorial Day and needed our help with some yard work. The work they had all of us do was a lot. Babe was tasked with using chainsaw to cut a butt ton of sticks and logs. R handled the weed whacker. They both helped me with my task of pulling all weeds out from in between the stone on their patio. It took all afternoon. 

Despite all the hard work the BBQ Party definitely made it worth it. I love food and Carol feeds me when I come to their house. We got some yummy food today. They had Ribs, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Corn on the Cob, Salt Potatoes, Clams and a bunch of food I don't like such as Baked Beans & Fruit Salad. I do like Fruit Salad but this particular one was too mushy for me! We even got to take half of the Ribs home with us!! Yummy!! I can't wait to have those leftovers!

Also for whatever reason I have been getting a lot of splinters lately! I had one on my foot Sunday morning that Babe gutted out for me and Sunday night Babe's Mom got one out of left had. I also got one today too that is still in the thumb on my right hand.

This Memorial Day was a lot of fun! I'm hoping next year we'll be able to go to the Parade near my Mom's house. We've gone nearly every year and we always have a blast! One year the people walking in the parade threw candy into the crowd and hit an elderly woman and she started bleeding. Now they walk the candy up to the children or throw it a lot softer. There was another year where a car's brakes went out and it couldn't stop. Thankfully no one got hurt! 

My point is Memorial Day has always been a fun time to spend with my family! I look forward to making more memories with them in the future!

How did you spend the Holiday?

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment