Saturday, May 24, 2014

Nailed It!

Nailed It! Is a post where I indulge in my Pinterest Addiction and pick something I've pinned or just love from Pinterest and I try to make it. It doesn't have to be something I pick. If any of you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them!

I thought I would start with something easy that I had been meaning to make for awhile but never got around to. A DIY Garbage Disposal Cleaner! We use our Garbage Disposal frequently and it has developed a funky smell. 

I found a pin for Garbage Disposal Cleaning & pinned it to my Cleaning Tips board. 

Photo credit to http://askannamoseley.com/
The pin said: 

How to Clean Garbage Disposal: Just lemons and vinegar. 1) Slice your lemons and put a piece in each ice cube mold. 2) Then fill each with vinegar. Do not dilute it. 3) Freeze the trays. 4) Store frozen cubes in gallon-sized freezer bags.


The Process: 
The Ingredients 
Lemon Cut & Vinegar Added
The Frozen Product
Prior to Slice & Dice
The only thing I had to buy for this project was the Lemons as we don't regularly buy them. I'll probably use the leftover 1 1/2 Lemons to make Lemon Bars which sound really yummy! To start the project I got out a cutting board, a big knife, the lemons, some white vinegar & an ice cube tray. I cut one of the Lemons in half & put one piece in each slot in the ice cube tray. Then I filled the tray with White Vinegar. Once the Tray was filled I popped it into the Freezer. Several hours later I grabbed out the Tray and popped 4 cubes out and placed them in my sink. I don't know why but the noise made from the ice being crushed when I ran my disposal surprised me. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that loud! It's only been about half an hour since I used the cubes but the disposal still smells nice! Hopefully it'll stay that way for many uses still to come. In case it does start to smell again I've got more cubes! There was no mention of how many cubes you should use on your disposal I used 4 because it seemed like a good number. The leftovers get put in a gallon sized bag and left in the freezer.

Babe hasn't said anything but I know he's not thrilled with this project as he detests Vinegar. He hates the taste and the smell of it. Though there are foods that have Vinegar in it that he will eat like Hellman's Mayo. One of my favorite things about Babe is that he hates Ketchup! Do you know how hard it is to find someone that also hates Ketchup?
Anyways I'll find out his true thoughts when he opens the freezer & all he can smell is Vinegar. I can hear the complaints already! 

The Verdict:
I definitely Nailed this project!

What should I try to Nail next?

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :) 
**All other Pictures are Mine**





No comments:

Post a Comment