Monday, May 19, 2014

All About Me Monday: Week 1

I thought I could take some time each Monday and tell all of you something about myself. When I run out of things to tell you about myself I'll move on to someone else. Though we don't have to worry about that for a long time as I am one interesting & awesome person! 
This week I'm going to tell you all about my love for Pigs. I love Pigs & I collect all things pig! I also know March 1st is National Pig Day. I don't always remember to celebrate it though. Maybe next year I can make cupcakes or the Pigs Swimming in Chocolate Kit Kat Barrel Cake I found on Pinterest:
Pigs Swimming in Chocolate Kit Kat Barrel Cake
**Picture is from Pinterest**
I've been collecting pig stuff for years and years. I have/had a Pig Trash Can Cover and yes something like that really does exist. I also have/had a Piggy Bulletin Board and I own nearly every Pig T.Y. Beanie Baby there is. One of my pig stuffed animals sings Old McDonald had a Farm when you squeeze it. I also have Piggy Slippers. Thankfully they don't oink whenever I walk because that would drive me crazy! 



Piggy Slippers

 Before I get into my Piggy Bank collection I wanted to show you some of my other Pig stuff.


An Awesome Shirt my Mom got for me in Kanas City, MO
Vibrating Pig Pillow
Easter Bunny Pig Dog Toy
Priscilla the Fancy Pig
My Mom got me this awesome "I Like Pig Butts & I Cannot Lie" Shirt when she went to Kanas City, MO last week for Business. I have two of these Vibrating Pig Pillows my mom gave me one for Christmas and the following year my sister, Sarah gave me another one. No problem the more the merrier. Babe's Mom, Carol has given me several piggy banks and pig stuff over the years. The Easter Bunny Pig Dog Toy was one of the first ones she gave me and it even squeaks. I gave it to Bernie for her dog Henry Buggins shortly after she got him. He gets a lot more use out of it than I would have plus its one of his only toys he hasn't torn to pieces. Carol gave me this pig for Christmas 2012 we only named her Priscilla last night before that she didn't really have a name I just called her the Fancy Pig. I have a lot of other pig stuff like a timer, a bobble head (Carol gave it to me), several shirts, figurines and of course Piggy Banks!!
I collect Piggy Banks of all kinds. I'm also currently working on my State Piggy Bank collection I want to have a Pig Bank from every state in the U.S.! I started my state piggy bank collection years ago when I went to the Central Square Apple Festival with my family. Someone there was selling a whole bunch of piggy banks and I bought them all. Among the banks I bought were a I <3 Florida, a Missouri bank, a Massachusetts bank that had all the parts of the pig labeled Chop, Butt & etc., one from TN as well as a few other banks. Since I started my collection I've added several NY banks, more MA banks, as well as more FL banks, one from CA,  several from NC including a soft stuffed-animal-like piggy bank, one from SC and probably a few others. I only have half of my collection with me the rest is in a box in the basement at my Mom's house. Here are some of my piggy banks: 


Piggy Bank Collection Picture 1
Piggy Bank Collection Picture 2
Octopus & Shark Banks from Outer Banks, NC
Piggy Bank my Dad had made for me (side 1)
side 2
These are the Piggy Banks and I suppose the regular banks though I just call them all Piggy Banks whether they are a Pig or not that I have at our place. The bug eyed green bank and the top hat bank on the right side of Picture 1 are both from Old Navy. I love the banks they come out with I even have some from back when the openings of the banks were the nose and you had to twist them off. The Duck bank is my newest addition my sister gave it to me for my birthday. The Octopus & the Shark are two of my favorites they are so unique & cool! And last but not least is the bank my Dad had made for my birthday last year. I told him I didn't have any piggy banks that actually had pigs on them and it has dogs on them to because I love dogs. I even have one from Paris that my college roommate gave to me. 
If I ever bring the rest of my collection up from my Mom's house I'll do another post to show off the rest of my awesome piggy banks! 

Do you collect anything? 

Until Next time! Stay Beautiful :)
**All other Pictures are Mine**

No comments:

Post a Comment