Monday, June 23, 2014

All About Me Mondays

It's been a few weeks since I've done one of these posts. I still have so much I can tell you about myself (because I'm SOO awesome!!) but I keep finding myself at a loss of words. Or I can't figure out where to start! 

This week's interesting fact: I'm left handed! I know that doesn't sound very interesting. I'm one of the only left-handed people in my family. On my Dad's side I'm one of two left-handed people; my cousin Nikki and myself. On my Mom's side I'm one of 3 left handed people; 2 Uncles and myself. My Mom thinks I would probably be right handed if it weren't for the fact that my old babysitter made me write with my left hand. 

I do the majority of things with my right hand. Except for of course writing though I have been trying to teach myself to write with my right hand. I get cramps in my left easily so being able to write with my right hand could come in handy ;) 

It may not be coming across but I am proud to be left-handed. I also understand a left-handed person's plight. A few week's ago my Mom shared a link with me on Facebook of 23 Soul-Crushing Problems Only Left-Handed People Understand. Not all of the Left-Handed People problems were problems I face because I'm fairly ambidextrous. One of the problems I do face is feeling like society hates me as most products are designed for right handed people. Also I can't stand spiral notebooks or most notebooks for that matter. Though one of the most annoying things about being a left-handed person is Smudge Hand! Or Silver Surfer Hand as the post above calls it! It takes serious concentration to avoid smudging things. 

One of the best things about being left handed is that you, well I feel special! There are far more righties in the world than lefties! So as a lefty I feel special! It's also cool to say "Lefties Unite!" We even have our own day! Left-Handers Day is August 13! Whoop Whoop!! We'll have to do something special to celebrate!

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment