Saturday, November 22, 2014

Showcase Saturday

Babe suggested I make a Showcase Saturday so that I could branch out from my Stockpile Saturdays and show more of my awesome stuff! I'll still throw some Stockpile posts to keep things fresh! I'm a hoarder so I have tons of stuff to show all of you! Now on to this week's showcase: My Rubber Duckie Collection! 

I've always had an interest in Rubber Duckies. Well one I told my Gramma May that I wanted Rubber Duckies for my birthday. She bought me the Mega Rubber Ducky Assortment from Oriental Trading it contains 100 Rubber Duckies! I've gotten several Rubber Duckies since then & now have 121 Rubber Duckies in my collection! I know I have a few other Duckies somewhere but I'm not sure where! 


My Rubber Ducky Collection
The majority of the Ducks lined up behind the single row of Ducks are the Duckies that came from the gift my Gramma May gave me! I know the picture makes it a little difficult to see the different types of Duckies I have. So I'll tell you what's there & where I got them from. I'll also do my very best not to confuse the crap out of all of you! In the back section from the left to right we have Graduation Ducks (from Graduation Parties I attended). Decorate Your Own Rubber Duckies (my Aunt P gave them to me & her kids decorated some of them). Halloween Ducks (from Oriental Trading maybe?). The Ducks to the right of the Halloween Ducks and all the way over to the right side are all from the Oriental Trading Mega Assortment except the Large Reindeer Duck (my Mom gave it to me), the Large Pink Duck with Hearts & the Large Green Duck (both are from Walmart). *Even I think this sounds confusing! So I'm sorry!* The OT Mega Assortment my Gramma May gave me included the following types of Ducks: Firefighter, Policeman, Nurse, Doctor, Army, Swimming/Summer Fun, Mad Scientist, Flowers, Raincoats, Propeller Hat, Fiesta, Pirate, Princess and Sheriff Ducks. The single row of ducks are other ducks I've come across over the years. From left to right: Red, Blue & Purple Ducks (bought with tickets at an Arcade). Random Yellow Duck & Color Changing Duck (I have NO idea where these came from). Pig Duck (from the store Around the World). *Of course I would have a Pig Duck!* Super Hero Duck who I've named Duck Man! What's that in the sky? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's Duck Man! *Sadly Babe pointed out Duck Man is a bird then proceeded to laugh at me!* I even came up with an alternate name for him like Superman or Batman. Darren Duckington or something like that! (I believe Duck Man is from a quarter machine). The Hippie Ducks next to Duck Man (are from Around the World). The Black Axe Duck in the middle was given to me by Uncle Don. Last but not least the very tiny pink & black Ducks are from a quarter machine they also came with stickers. I know I have more of those Ducks and the stickers somewhere but again I'm not sure where!  


Duck Bin
This is how I currently store my Rubber Duckies. I'm hoping that when/if we move into a house I'll have more room to spread them out so I can see them all better! I've been thinking of adding more Duckies to my collection. Oriental Trading has so many Awesome Rubber Duckies! I even started a Pinterest Board for all of the different Rubber Duckies I want from them. I've been thinking about how I could us Rubber Duckies to teach my future children lots of stuff such as the ABC's, numbers and even emotions!

I love Rubber Duckies & I'm glad I was able to share that love with you!  

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)
**All Pictures are Mine**

No comments:

Post a Comment