Monday, November 24, 2014

All About Me Mondays

All About Me Mondays is time where I can tell all of you something about myself. I am one interesting & awesome person after all!

This week I thought I would tell you all about my love of Socks! Yes you read that right! Socks! I love crazy socks and strive to wear mismatched socks! I know that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense! Why would someone purposely mismatch their socks? Well I consider it not only a small act of rebellion but a display of my uniqueness & personality!  


My socks!
This is how I organize my socks...I don't! I'm really picky about my socks or maybe I'm not that just how I perceive it. The socks I wear do not have to have the same design but they do have to be the same kind. For Example if I'm wearing white socks they both have to white & the same length. Crew Cuts & No Shows can not be worn together! Non-white socks have to have the same length & texture of the insides. On some socks you can feel the design from the inside so those can not be worn with smooth insides socks. 



These are the majority of the non-white socks I have that's not including the dirty ones and the ones in the clean laundry. For years I got all of my Crazy non-white socks from Debs. Now I get them from Walmart, Five Below or other such stores. Though I've been wanting to try the socks from the Sock and Hosiery Hut at Destiny USA in Syracuse, NY for awhile now. They seem to have some really cool socks I'm just worried about their prices. I'll have to check them out the next time I'm at Destiny USA! That'll probably be on Friday for Black Friday Shopping!


This is the last sock I have out of a pack of socks one of my roommates from College gave me for Christmas. The other socks in the pack were lost or stolen by my sister or thrown away due to too many holes. I'm still friends with her on Facebook but we've lost touch. This sock reminds of the fun times we had together! She had the room next to mine & there were times in the middle of the night when she would sneeze & I would say Bless you through the wall in between us & she would say Thank you & we would both laugh! This socks has a few holes in it so I don't wear it very often anymore but when I do I never fail to make me smile! 


My mom gave me this pair of socks! They say "I kissed a WereWolf" and remind me of the days where I was Twilighter! My senior year in High School was the year I was a obsessed with the Twilight Series. My friends & I would spend our mornings before school started in the library going on & on about Twilight, Robert Pattinson & Taylor Lautner! Do still enjoy watching the movies or reading the books occasionally but I'm not obsessed anymore! 


In my family though more specifically my Mom & I buy socks for almost every Holiday! We use to buy earrings for every Holiday as well but I don't really wear earrings anymore. 

My Christmas Socks!

These are my Holiday socks! Or at least the ones I still have! I'm sure there are more somewhere. Maybe at my Mom's house. But anyways I have 4 pairs of Christmas socks: snowman, candy cane, naughty & nice & Christmas Toes Socks which I never wear because I don't like things between my toes! I'd love to get a pair of Penguin socks so that's what I'll be on the look out for this Holiday season! 


Then there's my Valentine's Day & Halloween socks. My Mom found a pair of Flying Pig socks & of course had to get them for me! Neither of the Halloween socks have a pair. Not that it matters I just find it funny! I'm of those people the people that lose something without even trying! So keeping a pair socks together is incredibly hard for me! Maybe that's the real reason I don't match my socks! :P 



What kind of crazy sock collection would be complete without some Tie Dye socks! Neither of these have pairs either! Those poor socks succumbed to holes and tragically found themselves in the trash can! It's tragic because I poured my heart & artistic abilities into these awesome socks and they can't worn together! Damn you! 

All that's missing now is my white socks & I won't subject you to picture of them because if you've seen one pair or pile of white socks you've probably seem them all! 

If you happen to know of any places where I can get cool socks or have any of your own feel free to share!

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)
**All Pictures are Mine**

 




No comments:

Post a Comment