Monday, October 27, 2014

All About Me Mondays

It's been a long time since I've done one of these All About Me Mondays. A time where I can tell all of you something about myself. I'm one interesting & awesome person after all!

This week I thought I would tell you about one of my hobbies! I love to Knit or at least to Quick Knit. Quick Knitting is where you use a Loom to Knit instead or Needles. I would love to learn to Knit without a loom in the future. Though for now I use looms. Looms can limit the different types of projects you can make. You would need a different shaped loom for different projects. 

**Photo Credit to KnittingLoomFactory.com**
I bought a set of the Rectangular Looms from Michael's. They also have a set of Round Looms which I have considered getting as well but I just don't wear hats! I upgraded to the Rectangle Looms from a Spool Loom (similar to this one but not this exact product). I felt extremely limited with the projects I could create with the Spool Loom. I made a few Tube Scarves like this one that Priscilla is modelling.

Priscilla the Fancy Pig
Priscilla is sporting a super gorgeous 10 foot long Green Tube Scarf. I made it 10 feet long so it could be wrapped around the neck multiple times to insure maximum warmth! 

After upgrading to Rectangular Looms I decided I would go for the Biggest Loom first. Not the smartest idea I've had since I was under the impression I could make a blanket out of it. Maybe a Baby Blanket but definitely not a blanket for an Adult. The below is what I've done so far on the biggest loom.


 It might be a little bit longer as this picture was taken a few weeks ago. After the blanket idea failed I decided upon using it as a shawl. Though lately I've been considering binding off the ends and finding a use for it at it's current length because I love this yarn and want to use the rest of it to make a gorgeous scarf! Also due to the length of the loom I get easily frustrated when I work on this project. 

Being that I have a short attention span I started using the smallest loom in the set to make scarves even though I was still working on the shawl project. 




This is the first scarf I made and what it looked like when I first started knitting and the finished product! The scarf itself is made using Loops & Threads Charisma Northern Lights Yarn. The L&T Charisma Yarn is the Yarn I use in all of my scarves and knitting projects. The yarn is thick and soft so they make for nice & toasty scarves! This scarf is about 5 1/2 feet long and took me about 6 days to knit! 

I like to knit when I'm watching TV or when I'm in the car as I'm not a very good passenger and it helps distract me! I've thought about challenging myself to knit a new scarf every two weeks! I doubt it will last long as I can already feel myself slowly getting bored with knitting. When I do reach my maximum level of boredom I will probably but it aside for awhile and then pick it up again in the future! Hopefully anyways as I have been known to cast things and food aside for good when I get bored/sick of it! 

Two weeks seems like a good length of time to make a scarf. Since I know I can knit a 5 1/2 foot long scarf in as little as 3 days if I push myself like I did this past weekend! 


I've already started a new scarf! In my new scarf I tried to use two different colored yarns to make an even more beautiful scarf like in the video I watched to learn how to bind off scarves. Turns out she used lighter or worsted weight yarn to make her scarf so when I tried to combine two strands of the yarn I was using I got this:

One Seriously Thick Yarn Caterpillar!
The Dark Purple Scarf of Love!
 I realized after a few rows that the scarf was going to be too thick so I stopped where I was a took the scarf off the loom! I think it looks like a Caterpillar! So after this fail cake I started another new scarf. I had wanted to give this Off-White & Dark Purple Scarf to my Gramma for Christmas but I guess I'll just be giving her a Dark Purple Scarf instead! I think she'll love it either way! Purple is her favorite color and I'm making it with love! So I know she'll love it! I also think my Mom will love it too so I might have to make her one too! 

I also have plans to make a Scarf for my best friend Missy for her Birthday in Jan. but the yarn I wanted to use is out of stock so I'll have to wait to start that project! 

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)
**All Pictures Are Mine**

No comments:

Post a Comment