Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Procrastination at it's Best

I've always been a procrastinator. Especially when it came to school work and chores. My procrastination continues today with writing on this blog and anything else I think I can get away with putting off for "just awhile longer"! I think now would be a good time to try and overcome my procrastinating. I'll start by recapping what's been going on in the past few months! 

In the July I went with my Gramma, my Aunt T and my Mom to Lincolnville, Maine for our yearly trip. This year was only my third year going with my family to Maine but my Gramma has been going there for over a decade. Her sister Bet (my great aunt) and her daughter Jo have been going even longer! At least 20 years. This year we stayed for 10 whole days of family fun & relaxation! We rarely get to see my Great Aunt & Jo so I always cherish what little time I do get to spend with them!!  


Our Private Beach
We have our own little beach that we go to. The ocean is always so cold but I love going in anyways! This year I fiddled around with the filters on my camera and some of the pictures came out really really cool! My camera has a Sparkle, Drawing, Punk, Fish Eye, Pin Hole, Pop Art, Watercolor and a few other filters. The Punk which turns everything Pink is one of my favorites. The Watercolor filter picture below is what the view from our spot on the beach looks like! 

Watercolor Filter
When we're up in Maine we always go to our favorite spots. Moody's Diner in Waldoboro is one of our favorite restaurants we always eat there a few times during the week! They have super delicious baked goods! My favorite is their Pumpkin Whoopie Pie! Yum!!

Since we go out for most of our meals we try new restaurants too. This year we tried out the Smokestack Grill which has a beautiful view of a waterfall. I really liked that you could feel the mist from the waterfall. We also tried out Cappy's Chowder House as well as a few others.

The View from our Table at the Smokestack Grill
While we're in Maine we also hit up our favorite Ice Cream places. You would not believe how many times we usually get Ice Cream! We also hit up the movies on a rainy day. This year we saw the movie Tammy. I really didn't think my Gramma was going to like it but she did! We also had to hit up any Reny's store we came across! There are far more Reny's than I thought! My Aunt T loves Reny's and makes us goes as often as we can! There is a Reny's in Maine (I can't remember which town since we went to several Reny's) that is split into two separate stores across the street from each other. It's pretty interesting to see the differences in each store. 

Boothbay, ME
I had never been to Boothbay before. It's a beautiful place and has some very nice shops. There was one shop the Coastal Maine Popcorn Co. that had some crazy popcorn flavors like Buffalo Wing, Blue Cheese, Wasabi Soy, Cotton Candy, Caramel Apple, S'mores and much more. I didn't try any of their popcorn while I was there but I would love to in the future! I'm a sucker for Cheddar Popcorn!! I was/am truly devastated that they changed the Orville Redenbacher's Cheddar Pour Popcorn to just Orville Redenbacher's Cheddar Popcorn!! The Cheddar Butter made that popcorn super delicious and NOW it is just meh! I'll eat it if I have it around but I won't go out of my way to get it or eat it like I would have for the Cheddar Pour! 

Inland View of Boothbay Harbor
Ocean View of Boothbay Harbor

Boothbay Harbor, ME is a beautiful place & I'm very glad we got to visit there! Overall this year's trip was very enjoyable! As always I enjoyed making even more memories with my family!! Sadly this was my last trip to Maine with my family for now at least! Maybe I'll be able to go again some day!! 

Where do you go on vacation with your family?

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment