Friday, May 1, 2015

One Year Older, One Year Wiser...

Today is my Birthday & I'm  now 24! It's been a year since I started this blog and I don't feel like I've done much with it. I could make some promise about writing more often but we both know that won't last very long! Today I've been thinking about past birthdays, about memories and about the changes I've made over the last year! 

My 19th Birthday  is one I remember more often than some because it wasn't very good! It was my first & only Birthday I had while I was at College but I suppose that's a story for a different day. Anyways it was Saturday, May 1st, 2010. I had gone out to a club with my friends and my boyfriend Thursday Night and had fun. I love going out dancing at a club but it's not something my now boyfriend enjoys doing. My Birthday started out well I went and had a pedicure done with my Mom which we use to do every year on my Birthday! Then we went out to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings with my Mom and my Gramma. Both my Mom & my Gramma didn't enjoy the restaurant as much as I did as it was too loud which made me feel bad. Then my Mom dropped me back off at campus because my Birthday was also the day of my sister's prom and my Mom needed to spend the rest of the day helping her get her hair done and getting ready. I wasn't very happy about having to share my birthday! I ended up spending the rest of the day trying to get a hold of my boyfriend to see if he wanted to hang out. He ignored me the whole day and I ended up finding out a few days later that he had been wanting to break up with me since Thursday but didn't want to do it right before my birthday so he ignored me and waiting until AFTER my Birthday to break up with me! Because making me spend my birthday feeling alone and unwanted was the nice thing to do! Thanks dirt bag! I also ended up getting my first asthma attack that day after smoking a hookah with some friends. That Birthday was certainly a memorable one. 

Most of my other Birthdays were really fun especially the ones I had in High School when I lived with my Mom. She made me breakfast every morning before school but since I'm a weirdo that doesn't like most breakfast foods or foods in general she would make me a plate of Cucumbers, Peppers, Cantaloupe and other fruits or veggies! On my Birthday she would arrange my breakfast in to numbers for however old I was turning like 16, 17 or 18! I know I have a picture somewhere and when I find it I'll post it! She would also decorate our doors with Balloons, streamers and a sign! It always made me feel special and I try to remember to do that for my roommates on their birthdays!! :D She would also give me presents and we would try to go out to dinner. Birthday Person chooses the restaurant! One of my favorite parts of the day would be listening to her and my sister sing me "Happy Birthday" while I wait to blow out the candles on my Birthday Pie! Yup that's right I'm one of those people! The people who would rather have a pie than a cake on their Birthday! But not just any pie! I always have a Marie Calendar Banana Cream Pie! Well almost always this year I'm going the more frugal route and having a homemade Peanut Butter Cream Pie! The point I'm trying to make is that my 16th, 17th and 18th Birthdays were some of the best ones I've had because my Mom made me feel even more special than usual! 

Like most people I love getting presents for my Birthday. I say most because Babe is one of those people who doesn't like presents and doesn't like to celebrate his Birthday. In his family a Birthday was just another day! I find that to be super upsetting and I try hard to make him realize that his birthday is special & important because... *MUSH WARNING* ....it was the day he was born and he's special & important to me!! <3 

Sorry for the mushy detour I just love my Babe so much sometimes I have a hard time containing it! Anyways as I was saying I enjoy getting gifts! There will always be something else that I will want and Birthdays or other Holidays help me get some of those materialistic goods! But what I really want not just for my Birthday but for everyday is to be wanted, to be loved and to be appreciated!! I often struggle with self-love but my Birthday is a day where I feel more love than I can possibly handle and all this sometimes overwhelming love helps me love myself! 


If all these people love me why can't I love me?
That's a question I often ponder!

Which Birthday is most memorable for you?
For the good or the bad reasons.

Until Next Time! Stay Beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment